10 latest and New English Words
1.Affluenza: A blend of 'affluence' and 'influenza'.
A social disease resulting from extreme materialism and excessive
consumerism: earning more money and consuming more, which
can lead to overwork, debt, waste, stress, anxiety, etc.
2. Agritourism :
A form of tourism in which tourists stay on farms or in agricultural
villages, and often participate in farm activities.
3. Alcopop: Fruit drinks fortified with alcohol, designed and marketed to appeal
to young people.
4. Audiophile: Person who loves and collects high-quality audio equipment.
5. Baggravation : Blend of the words 'bag' and 'aggravation'.
A feeling of annoyance and frustration at the airport when your
baggage has not arrived but the other passengers' bags have.
6. Breadcrumbing : A navigation technique which helps users by displaying a list of links
to the pages they have visited when exploring a website
e.g. home >>vocabulary>>transport.
7. Burkini or Burquini : Blend of 'burqa' and 'bikini'
A swimsuit worn by Muslim women which covers the whole body
i.e. the arms to the wrist, the legs to the ankle, with a hood to
cover the hair and neck.
8. Busking Performing on the streets and other public places, while soliciting
Busy urban areas will attract street performers (buskers) who sing,
play, juggle, etc
9. Buzz : Excited interest or attention surrounding, for example, a new invention,
a recent event or something that has become fashionable.
10. Buzzword A new word or expression that is commonly used in specialized
work environments or age-groups, and has become fashionable.
Terms used in advertising can often convert into buzzwords and
become widely used.